Thursday, July 21, 2011

Pondering Over Painted Toes

KNOWING IT WOULD BE A LATE NIGHT FOR JEFF, I DECIDED TO SURPRISE THE LITTLE LADY WITH A PEDICURE AFTER THE LITTLE MAN WAS DOWN. LITTLE DID I KNOW THAT IT WAS SHE WHO WOULD REVEAL THE SWEETEST OF SURPRISES TO ME.  OUR CONVERSATION WENT A LITTLE SOMETHING LIKE THIS.

Me:  "Char, would you like me to paint your toes tonight?"
LL: "Ah...sure!  Tonight?"
Me: "Yes, tonight." (while laying out the necessary tools for pampering)
LL: "Um...you painted my toes pink yesterday night.  I wanted my toes blue."
Me: "Oh sorry."  (while rising to fetch dark blue polish)
A few moments pass, as I remove her pink polish and clip her tiny toe nails.
LL: "Mommy, maybe I can be a mommy like you when I am older."
Me: "Yes!  You will be a wonderful mother."  (With heart swelling)
LL: "I will?" (beaming)
Me: "Yes, you will." (in full confidence)
LL: "Then I won't be a Charlotte anymore; I will be a mommy."
Me: "You can be Charlotte AND a mommy just like I am a mommy and Becky."  (in amusement)
LL: "Oh.  I think you should have blue toes, too, like me.  We will be the same."

Yes, sweet girl...
 the more I get to know you, I am realizing just how similar we are.  

 

1 comment:

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs