Monday, November 25, 2013

Preparing for Advent

 
One of our favorite family resources for engaging our children in conversations about faith, is The Jesus Storybook BibleSimply put, every Bible story featured in the uniquely illustrated storybook points back to the person of Jesus, and the gospel.  Sadly, the same cannot be said of all children's Bibles.  Once again the season of advent is almost upon us.  Once again, I am amazed how quickly another year has passed.  Life with little ones is a blur; I do not want this season to pass without pointing our hearts and minds towards Christ, and the significance of the season.  Our advent calendar is in place, and next to it our copy of The Jesus Storybook Bible.  I was so pleased to come across the following reading plan, and wanted to share.  
 

Jeff and I will be reading this during our early morning quiet time together, and I cannot wait for the opportunity to unwrap all that is sure to stir my heart in Ann Voskamp's latest.
 


1 comment:

  1. Ironically, we were given this version by the church we've been attending here in CLE. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs