Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Bob Books

The little lady is a grand story teller.  With a flare for the dramatic, it is often difficult to ascertain whether her tall tales are fact or fiction.  I affectionately refer to her as my "little fabricator."  Her vivid imagination and creative mind are among the things I love most about our gal.  
 
Recently, we purchased a set of Scholastic Bob Books to encourage early reading.  Yesterday, she and I enjoyed a few hours of quiet while the little man and littlest slept.  We seized the opportunity to have her first reading "lesson."  With the help of simple illustrations, clear focus on word families, and repetitive sentence structure, she successfully read her first Bob Book.  She and I then practiced writing using the new words she learned.  It was a thrill to watch her concentrate on each word, forming the correct sounds and read independently.  I enjoyed every minute of watching her face light up as she completed each page, gaining confidence.  For a little girl who appreciates being very independent, learning to read will inevitably bring her much joy and satisfaction.  I'll just add it to the list of things she doesn't need my help with.  Ah, my strong and determined first born. 
 
 
My little leftie




1 comment:

  1. I will have to check out those books! Mike has been looking for something to teach Rachel how to read for a while. So funny, Rachel is a leftie too! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs