Friday, February 8, 2013

dad's night

 
Mid-January a smallish, green invitation emerged from the little lady's backpack inviting dads one and all to attend a jungle themed night of fun at school.  The evening would highlight the songs and verses learned in the month of January as well as provide fathers the opportunity to play games and craft projects alongside their little ones.  Costumes were strongly encouraged and after a short brainstorming session with Jeff, I suggested they go as a parrot and tree.  It was the perfect opportunity for me to reuse an old Halloween costume and craft another. A trip to Michael's and $24 dollars worth of exotic plastic leaves later, the little lady and I found ourselves on the living room floor sewing.  ("Mama, YOU can sew?!")  While I wouldn't win any awards for technique, I was able to string a few strands of green thread through enough leaves to create a tree inspired shirt any father would be (insert sarcasm) proud and eager to wear.  Dressed to impress, our parrot and her tree enjoyed their night of bonding, and returned home with many fun stories to share.  Jeff was a real standout that evening as he was one of two dads to embrace the theme and dress up.  Had I known, I might not have dropped $24 bucks on greenery, but the memory of making the shirt with the little lady and the picture below might have made it all worth it.
 
He's a heck of a good sport, my husband, and one handsome lookin' tree if I don't say so myself.  
 

1 comment:

  1. our dad's day is in a couple of weeks. definitely was a highlight last year. love that they had costumes!

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs