Friday, February 22, 2013

the wheels on the bus...

Guest blogger - Charlotte Marie Larson
 
 I went to the domes, and there were three domes.  The first was the tropical.  Then the jungle one and then the one with trains, which was very cool.  OK now, inside the school bus I liked when Eli came with me and we had lots of fun.  We were talking about maps, singing songs and we were talking with each other. Long pause... (voice hushed) He kissed me.  The bus felt funny; it felt fast.  And, it was my first time going on a school bus.  Ms. Marino and Mrs. Norton are my favorite teachers. I liked the train dome because there was a stage with clowns on it, and I did karate and ballet on it. *My kids got to ride on the trains. I liked having my Mom on the field trip. 
 
* By "kids" she means her imaginary friends.
 
 




The infamous, Eli, Char and I.
 


The 2013 Dragonflies
 
 
 A few favorite moments from my morning as a chaperone...
 
- In spite of my nausea, the bus ride was a highlight of the field trip.  With each turn the bus made, the little lady would cry out, "Whoa!" and at one point asked if she would fall out of the bus when on the "big road" (highway).  During the twenty minute ride to the Domes our friendly pal, Eli, attempted to put the moves on our little lady a few times dropping not so subtle hints such as when reading the little lady's map, "Charlotte loves to kiss Eli."  He was clearly smitten with her and enjoyed expressing his affection for her the way most young boys do, with gentle punches and pokes.  He's lucky her father was not chaperoning.
 
- Our gal loves to raise her hand and be called upon.  During the morning's small group session, she was quick to shoot her hand up with an excited gasp as the instructor asked several questions about plants, climate, and photosynthesis.  I hate to say it, but "teacher's pet" might be in her future.  I'm afraid the apple does not fall far from the tree.  In fact, the more I observe our little lady, I'm learning just how similar the two of us are.
 
- The little lady enjoys the fellowship of her peers, is quick to offer them a helping hand, is always up for a good joke, and feels comfortable both leading and allowing others to direct her.  I was especially blessed to watch her quickly share the four animal crackers her teacher passed out to her not knowing Eli would soon receive his own four crackers during snack time.  She takes great pleasure in seeing her friends happy. 
 
- Just before leaving the Domes one of my fellow chaperones, a father, asked that I check in on his twin daughters who were lingering in the bathroom. It became clear that one of the sisters was having a difficult time with the lock on her door.  After a quick and failed tutorial on how to turn the lock, I found myself crawling under the bathroom stall to free the sweet blue-eyed girl.  She seemed quite impressed by my agility (of which I have none) and quick body contortion (she caught me on a good day).  All in a day's work.  Chaperone extraordinaire.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs