Tuesday, February 12, 2013

so long...until the end of lent

Bread, how I love thee.  Let me count thy ways...
 
 
The season of Lent is upon us.  Each year, Jeff and I look forward to observing a period of fasting as we prepare our hearts and minds for Easter, recognizing the significance of this celebratory day as Christ followers.  Each year we discuss what it is that we would like to "give up" for the forty day period. With slight apprehension, I approach these brainstorming sessions knowing full well Jeff's ideas can be both creative and out of the box.  This year he suggested going gluten free and after a quick google search, I shut down the idea.  Perhaps one year we will kick glutens to the curb; however, right now planning for and preparing weekly meals can be enough of a challenge with three little ones.  I need not throw such a heavy wrench into the dinner hour.  And, so I proposed bread, my second love in life.  (I'm only slighly kidding.)  A challenge, indeed.
 
Forgive me if I no longer post soup recipes, for inevitably they will not taste the same without a huge chunk of crispy, warm French bread.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs