Thursday, February 28, 2013

beauty secrets (?)

I have been a fan of MAC makeup for several years now.  Each Christmas, my sister-in-law and I receive a Macy's gift card for the intended purpose of purchasing makeup.  It is one of my favorite gifts.  Not only do I get to spend two uninterrupted hours with my sis, but we get to have our makeup professionally applied and walk away with a sleek MAC bag full of goodies.  Earlier in the month we had our annual makeup date, and I was introduced to this fab product.  If you, like me, have a slight blueish tint under your eyes, or carry some heavy "baggage" there (Hello, middle of the night feedings!) this is a great product to lighten the under eye. 

 Prep + Prime Highlighter
 
 
 
If you know me well, you know that I have a slight lip product addiction.  Junkie might be a fitting description here.  It's no wonder my son would rather slather on "lippies" during doctor appointments as a special "treat" than suck on a lollipop.  I have been known to have as many as ten lip products in my purse at a given time.  In fact, I have a special purse pouch dedicated to my beloved lip products.  Some might call it excessive, I'd like to think of myself as prepared.  You never know which shade of nude, peach or pink you'll need on any given day.  Shimmer?  Matte?  Gloss?  Bold?  Just a hint of color?  Just check my pouch, I've got you covered. About a year ago I read an article in Parents magazine featuring "must have products."  Sara Happ's lip slip instantly caught my attention.  It's a bit pricey as far as lip products go, so I put it on my Christmas list.  Oh, what a gift!  Putting this silky, but slightly tacky lip balm on each morning and just before bed brings me great comfort and satisfies any need my dry lips might be having.  Ms. Happ's lip products make me quite happy.
Sara Happ The Lip Slip
 
 
The lip scrubs are also fantastic for exfoliating, and come in a variety of tantalizing scents.  I received the black cherry scrub for Christmas and love how my lips feel rejuvenated after a light scrub.  You may be tempted to OD on the product like I did the first time using it.  Trust me, less is more.
 
http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/sara-happ-the-lip-scrub-brown-sugar-lip-exfoliator/3279370?origin=category&contextualcategoryid=0&fashionColor=&resultback=516

My girl, Amy, another self-professed makeup connoisseur, introduced me to the magic of BB creams.  There are several on the market to choose from.  I surfed the aisles of Target to find mine, but they are a wonderful skin product providing light coverage, SPF protection, and tone correction.  Lately, I apply BB cream and MAC skinfinish for light coverage before adding a touch of color to my cheeks.

Garnier SR BB Cream OilySkin

 
http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?productId=xlsImpprod4180691&categoryId=cat170002


And, one final lip product.  Again, I have to give a shout out to Amy for discovering this smooth and sweetly scented lip tint.  Originally, a gift for my lip gloss loving little lady, I have now confiscated this gloss and keep it in my coat pocket.  Providing the perfect hint of color (16 shades to be exact) for an effortless everyday look, and you cannot beat its amazingly smooth application.  Highly recommend.



http://www.lorealparisusa.com/en/Products/Makeup/Lips/Lip-Gloss-Balm/Colour-Riche-Le-Gloss.aspx?shade=Nude-Illusion

Do you have any favorite products I need ought to have on my shelves?

1 comment:

  1. i got a sample of this in my last birchbox and fell in love with it. still going strong on my sample but when it runs out, i'm definitely purchasing a full size tube!

    http://www.birchbox.com/shop/thebalm-put-a-lid-on-it

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs