Wednesday, December 19, 2012

countdown to milwauke - day 5

We woke to a rainy Tuesday morning.  After the littlest's morning feeding, Jeff and I resumed packing, taking advantage of his late start time.  The little lady had requested one final trip to On the Rise Bakery for her favorite chocolate croissants.  Not wanting to lose packing momentum, I stayed behind with the littlest while Jeff and the older two made the trip to our favorite Cleveland bakery.  I knew it was time for me to leave Cleveland when Jeff returned home with the news that my favorite raspberry croissants had sold out early.  Thankfully, the kids were able to score their personal favorites.  Sipping my morning cup of Joe, I watched in amusement as they devoured their flaky morning pastries.
 


 
I was so thankful for the amount of packing we were able to accomplish before Jeff left for work.  Feeling a bit of relief, I was able to relax with the littlest while the little man napped, taking time to cuddle with our sweet one.  Our evening was filled with the usual - dinner, bath time, dance parties and more packing.  However, (full disclosure) the little man treated us to an extra special surprise when after weeks of coaching and cajoling, he finally went #2 on the toilet, unassisted and without "bloodshed."  Hallelujah.
 
 
Admiring his handiwork.
 
 
"Sissy, I used my BIG BUTT muscles to push out my poop!"

 
 
 I can tell you this, having a newborn in the house is one thing, caring for the needs of a newborn while simultaneously handling (and mishandling) the potty training of a worrisome toddler is another, and the pièce de résistance is bringing an infant home in the midst of potty training and packing for an interstate move.  Whew!  Thank the good Lord for His mercies which are new every morning.  Also, a big shout out to our one-cup Keurig coffee maker which quickly comforts me each morning.  And finally, if it weren't for the daily support of my handsome and hilarious hubby, I might have just drown in a sea of cardboard by now.  Crisis averted. 


1 comment:

  1. i'm not sure what i enjoyed more, the quote from joey or char's face. :)

    thinking of you all as you begin your journey west to what will surely be a land of white!

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs