Tuesday, December 18, 2012

countdown to milwaukee - day 6

Alright. Day six and keeping it real.  This post is a little less cupcakes and rainbows, more spit-up and chaos.  Our once organized apartment is beginning to feel more like a storage unit than living space as cardboard boxes line our walls.  To be honest, I'm feeling a tad claustrophobic.  However, we are making progress and with sleeves pushed up I'm confident hoping we will be ready to load the moving truck and POD unit Friday afternoon.  The highlight of my day was definitely when the sitter arrived, allowing me to take the little lady to school sans the little man and head to my final doctor's appointment with the littlest.  You know your life's a little hectic when sitting on a doctor's examination table, staring at metal stir-ups is more peaceful than sitting on your own couch.  I was thankful for the opportunity to visit with my doctor one last time and thank her for her attentive care.  The nurses all stopped by to greet the littlest, who slept peacefully through the entire appointment, a true blessing as she has been having difficulty sleeping for long stretches of time.  Realizing I had a little time before I needed to pick up the little lady, I took the opportunity to call up a girlfriend (how good it felt to laugh), and treat myself to a Starbucks latte and scone (contented sigh).  While the littlest continued to doze, I wrote a few thank you notes in my quiet corner enjoying the merry Christmas music playing overhead.  Later in the day Jeff arrived home with our favorite pizzaBOGO, and we enjoyed our last family meal around the table. The next few nights we will be treating ourselves to more of our favorite local restaurants; I can hardly wait.  Jeff, the littlest and I ended the evening on the couch with the cast of Homeland. 
 


 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs