Saturday, December 1, 2012

countdown to milwaukee - day 22

It's official, we are in the final weeks of our year and half long Cleveland adventure.  And, while the hectic nature of our household might prevent me from documenting our final days in great detail, I felt that this city, this supposed "mistake by the lake" was due a proper farewell for it has been kind to us, and it will be missed.
 
 
After waking and allowing the littlest to enjoy her lengthy morning feed, we decided to kick off the weekend by consuming warm frosted artery-clogging donuts, AKA Krispy Kremes. Such a trip might not seem significant, but when you find yourself driving twenty-five minutes just to enjoy a warm donut it takes on special meaning.  Jeff orchestrated this trip one weekend when I was out of town, a cleverly designed plan that kept the kids contained, entertained and promised the reward of a sweet treat.  I was pleased to have been invited this time around, and was able to savor each bite of my sour cream donut and Starbucks coffee while the littlest slept. 
 
 



 
In the afternoon I enjoyed turning the pages of People magazine while sitting in my stylist's chair for the last time.  Returning home with a much darker hue, I picked up my little ladies for our first girl outing, a trip to Ben and Jerry's to celebrate a classmate's 5th birthday.  The little lady was thrilled to be on a "Mommy/Charlotte/June date."  The rest of our evening was spent watching football, keeping the children from climbing the walls, and addressing Christmas cards.  All in all, a rockin' Saturday night.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs