Sunday, May 6, 2012

Three

 
Posted by Picasa

It's official.  We are having another baby.  Dubbed "Pablo" by his/her big sister, we are expectantly awaiting the arrival of our littlest blessing this November.


My little Pablo,

Fourteen weeks ago, I waited with baited breath for the results of a positive pregnancy test.  Unlike your older sister and brother, you took a little work - ten months to be exact.  But you, my sweet child, were worth every effort.  And, I fell to my knees in gratitude upon seeing the two dark pink lines indicating you were at last inside me.  Because of you, the Lord taught your daddy and me many things as we prayed for, tried for and longed for you.  It was a season of tremendous growth, one that I know we will look back upon and cherish, for in your absence we drew closer to one another.  More importantly, we leaned into the arms of our Heavenly Father, casting our cares upon Him, learning to wait upon Him and His timing.  At times there were tears of sadness, days of disappointment, and many questions that for a time went unanswered, but we always hoped.  Before I married your daddy, I had his wedding band engraved with the words of Romans 8:25, "But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently."  I waited seven years to be your daddy's wife.  And, I'd gladly wait it all over again to experience the deep joy that it is to be his.  And, I would gladly wait the ten months all over again to know the joys of carrying you, my little one.  You taught us to be patient.  You were a reminder that the Lord answers our prayers in a variety of ways, and at times He asks us to be still and wait.  I am thankful that our waiting is now limited to seven more months.  It will be a day of great rejoicing when you are at last placed in my arms, and I am able to hand you over to your father.  We cherish you already, but honestly cannot wait to meet you in person.

Each time that I feel you flutter inside, I am reminded once again to thank the Lord above for the gift He has given us in you.

I love you sweet one,
Mama

P.S. For the record your sister strongly believes you are a girl, which makes your little nickname that more amusing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs