Wednesday, November 30, 2011

30 Days of Thanksgiving 2011

30 Days of Thanksgiving

I’m thankful for…



1. the beauty and color of fall, evidence of God’s creativity in creation

2. the privilege of watching our beautiful and spirited little lady mature and develop each day

3. the fellowship of women studying God’s Word together, sharing their lives, investing, encouraging, and growing together through life’s seasons

4. the safe arrival of my parents to Cleveland; parents who love deeply, encourage often, and joyfully invest in our lives

5. the many playful and humorous expressions our children make throughout the day bringing joy, warmth, and amusement

6. his warm embrace each and every day, his kiss “hello” and “good-bye,” and the comfort of reaching out and finding him in the middle of the night

7. new opportunities each and every day to impact and influence, demonstrate my love for, nurture and care for our sweet ones

8. the little lady’s joy-filled mornings at school, her warm and encouraging teachers who care for her while she is outside of our home

9. van ride chatter from the backseats

10. the first signs of snow and the excitement it brings, being able to experience all four seasons each year

11. the safe protection and health of our little ones, for well-child check-ups that confirm their steady growth

12. the opportunity to reconnect with girlfriends for an overnight get-away, sharing meals, good conversation, and laughter

13. the father of my children, who keeps life amusing while keeping our little ones safe and protected

14. Joseph Bradley Larson and the joy of being his mama

15. new recipes to enjoy, the satisfaction of a home cooked meal for me and my man

16. hearing giggles instead of shouts from the little lady’s room while showering, made for a bonus quiet time of prayer

17. the Body of Christ

18. literature that stimulates and entertains, providing the perfect outlet for my imagination

19. tender moments with our sweet ones each day, little hands finding their way into mine, unexpected kisses, hugs with arms wrapped tight

20. the luxury of turning on the thermostat whenever our feet become chilly

21. quiet moments on the couch with my husband, falling asleep in his arms each night

22. Jeff’s surprise visit to preschool, watching their faces light up as he met us in the parking lot

23. a loving extended family that makes me feel like I am one of their own

24. the joy of Thanksgiving, sharing a meal, family laughter, shared experiences

25. the family minivan for its reliability, comfort and abundant space

26. cold medicine

27. our Cleveland home and the memories we are making here

28. the four of us seated around the dinner table, mouths full of spaghetti, the smell of garlic bread, heaping scoops of noodles, giggles, and stories shared

29. a working washer and dryer, hot water and kitchen appliances that assist me daily in my role as homemaker

30. a Heavenly Father who invites me to “cast all my cares upon Him,” who is faithful in all things, and lovingly provides for my needs, above all my need for a Savior

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs