Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Pumpkin Cream Cheese

 

 This time of year you can satisfy your craving for pumpkin with expensive lattes, pies, breads, scones, cookies and more.   Today I whipped up a delicious alternative, perfect for snack time - pumpkin cream cheese.  Smear it on a graham cracker and enjoy.

Ingredients:

8 oz cream cheese, softened (I used reduced fat.)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
2 Tablespoons maple syrup (or agave) (I opted agave as it was less expensive.)
1 Tablespoon brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger (I omitted as I didn't have it on hand; don't think it make a lick of difference.)
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (I accidentally added an entire teaspoon, but let's just say I was making up for the absence of ground ginger.)

Mix all of the ingredients together in a medium bowl.  Cover and chill for at least an hour before using.  Makes about 1 1/2 cups.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs