Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

Thanksgiving.  A holiday marked by many traditions.  Each tradition as unique as the family who honors it.  For me, the traditions of Thanksgiving are what make the holiday so special.  From the menu that seldom changes to the first bite of pumpkin pie savored, or the feeling of discomfort each family member feels as they waddle away from the table, Thanksgiving is wrapped in the comfort of tradition.

When I married Jeff it became our tradition to spend Thanksgiving with his mother's side of the family, a family who now feels like my very own.  This year I was even assigned the task of preparing the Ankli family green beans, a side dish so simple in its preparation yet specific enough that I had my mother-in-law oversee my every move, for I am a girl of tradition.  I respect the tastes, smells and expectations of the holiday. (It took me years to get over the fact that I would not be consuming my mother's stuffing along side my turkey come Thanksgiving day.) One day I hope to host this special gathering of loved ones in our own home.  Perhaps, I will even offer a choice of two stuffings.

There are few things more satisfying than a day filled with...

Football...        



Food...
(Seriously, deep fried turkey should be every household's tradition.)



Family...



and, the obligatory post-meal nap.

My cup runneth over.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs