Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Month Ten

Month ten was a busy one for the littlest.  Our seasoned traveler, she joyfully endured unexpected delays and excitement as she and I traveled south to visit dear friends in Fayetteville, Arkansas.  It was on this trip that I realized just how deep her love of people and socialization are as she attempted to make friends with every passenger, scaling my body in an effort to chat with strangers behind, in front of and across aisles, lifting spirits with her playful smiles and slow-moving waves (a new skill).  Nestled in the Ergo (thank you, Auntie Ash), she demonstrated her deep trust in me as we zipped about various airports attempting to make connections.  In her gaze, I find great comfort, and each time our eyes lock, I'm overcome with gratitude for her presence in my life, truly my faithful sidekick.

She and I loved our time in Arkansas, and while the trip was oh, so very short, it was oh, so sweet.  She delighted in meeting new friends, as I enjoyed the company of one, old and faithful. 
 

 
Month ten was also one of great growth as the littlest learned to stand with confidence all around the house, lifting hands in air, welcoming cheers and words of affirmation.  Producing new sounds daily, she is fascinated with her mouth and the addition of four teeth (top front two, and bottom two).  She enjoys putting her pearly whites to good use as she shoves food into her mouth faster than I can put it on her tray.  She is willing to try new foods and eats heartily.  She is not shy when it comes to sitting down for a meal, and her enjoyment of food, a girl after my own heart.  And, while I have honestly enjoyed our middle of the night rendezvous, she has become more consistent in sleeping through the night, or making it until 5 for a quick feed before returning to sleep.

 
She is as pleasant as they come, but has great Larson spirit.  She is a peanut, but packs a punch when necessary, and I wouldn't expect her to be any other way. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs