Wednesday, October 30, 2013

A face that is hospitable

See adjacent text.
 
We focus so often on making our homes hospitable. But what about ourselves?
 
It started as a gentle nudge, the thoughtful study of those things that make me tick...or not tick, naming that which I crave, the things that consume my thought life, a reflection of the many choices I make each day.  And now, this nudge, no longer gentle, no longer a mere suggestion, but more of a command, a kick in the pants, has set my mind and heart whirling as I consider how I live out my life in word and deed (Colossians 3:17).   Each morning as I rise, the Lord graciously provides me with new material to feed on, a paragraph here, a link there, a familiar passage of Scripture previously underlined in pencil, but now read with fresh eyes. 

Yesterday, I landed here

And, so continues my pursuit of true and genuine hospitality.  Hospitality that is rooted in the transforming love of Christ and the power of His gospel. 

"Grow me up in the gospel, Jesus.  Expand the chambers of my heart to take in more of your grace.  Free me to be genuinely intrigued with other people."

from Everyday Prayers by Scotty Smith


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs