Saturday, August 13, 2011

List

I CAME ACROSS THIS LIST  here WHILE SPENDING TIME here DURING MY EARLY MORNING QUIET TIME.  WHILE WE DO NOT PLAN TO HOME SCHOOL OUR CHILDREN (at this time), I LOVE THIS MOTHER'S VISION FOR CREATING ATMOSPHERE WITHIN THE HOME THAT PROMOTES LIFE LONG LEARNING.

World English Dictionary
atmosphere (ˈætməsˌfɪə)
— n
1. troposphere stratosphere mesosphere See also ionosphere the gaseous envelope surrounding the earth or any other celestial body
2. the air or climate in a particular place: the atmosphere was thick with smoke
3. a general pervasive feeling or mood: an atmosphere of elation
4. the prevailing tone or mood of a novel, symphony, painting, or other work of art
5. a special mood or character associated with a place
6. any local gaseous environment or medium: an inert atmosphere
(emphasis mine)

THAT WE, AS PARENTS, HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO CREATE HOME ENVIRONMENTS FOR OUR CHILDREN THAT WILL INFLUENCE ALL OF THEIR YOUNG MOMENTS - EACH MEMORY, PREFERENCE, INTEREST, ADVENTURE, IDEA - IS EQUALLY THRILLING AND DAUNTING.  THANKFULLY, WE ARE NOT ALONE IN THIS TASK.  FOR AS THIS WOMAN REMINDS US, "God has created us each unique, with specific abilities, talents, and interests."  NOT ONLY ARE OUR CHILDREN UNIQUELY MADE, BUT WE AS PARENTS HAVE BEEN BLESSED WITH THIS SAME GIFT OF UNIQUENESS.  IT IS ACTUALLY QUITE FREEING TO KNOW THAT EACH OF OUR HOMES WILL REFLECT DIFFERENT INTERESTS, TASTES AND INSPIRATIONS.  WE HAVE BEEN CREATED IN THE IMAGE OF THE ONE WHO IS MOST CREATIVE, AND HAVE BEEN GIVEN THE OPPORTUNITY TO GROW AND LEARN IN HIS CREATED WORLD,  AN ATMOSPHERE FULL OF BEAUTY, ARTISTRY, WONDER AND GRACE.


This is my Fathers world
And to my listening ears,
All nature sings and round me rings
The music of the spheres.

This is my Fathers world,
I rest me in the thought
Of rocks and trees, of skies and seas,
His hand, the wonders wrought.

This is my Fathers world,
The birds, their carols raise,
The morning light, the lily white
Declare their makers praise.

This is my Fathers world,
He shines in all that's fair.
In the rustling grass I hear Him pass,
He speaks to me everywhere.

This is my Fathers world,
Oh let me neer forget
That though the wrong seems oft so strong,
God is the ruler yet.

This is my Fathers world,
The battle is not done.
Jesus, who died, shall be satisfied
And earth and heaven be one

















No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs