Thursday, August 11, 2011

Inspired


The Little Lady


Little lady, little lady,
My heart swells with love for you.
My delicate companion,
sharing in all I do.
Your eyes they watch in wonder,
curious of all they see.
How is it that once a tiny babe,
is now a girl of three?
Your features are perfection,
at least to Daddy and me.
Lips red, cheeks smooth,
piercing eyes, sparkly.
Your laughter fills each and every room,
your voice soft, but clear.
You deeply feel each emotion,
each giggle, hurt or fear.
You are sensitive to His spirit,
bowing your head in prayer.
With eyes shut tight, you offer up
each thought, concern or care.
You are my little darling,
may you always sing and prance.
May you always walk upon your toes,
as you spin, twirl and dance.
Your thoughtfulness inspires me,
they way you tend to others.
Pausing in sympathy for those in need,
especially your brother.
I cherish all your moments,
those soft, tender or loud.
I have accomplished many things in life,
but as mother I am most proud.
You are my little lady.
Petite shadow, following me.
In our home, as your mother -
there's no place I'd rather be.




The Little Man

Little man, little man
My heart is full for you.
Your bright blue eyes follow me,
no matter what I do.
My lap is where you choose to sit,
your safe and preferred place.
And when you're hurt, you run to me
to kiss your tear-filled face.
Your lips are like your Daddy's,
your eyes wide like mine.
You run around without a shirt,
to me that is just fine.
Your skin is pale and milky,
your tummy plump and round.
Your bright and hearty giggle,
is among my favorite sounds.
Brave, but cautious you explore.
Your curiosity leading the way.
You search for planes, cars and trucks
all the while you play.
And, when you spot a vehicle,
you squeal in boyish delight.
Quick to chase after what excites,
you are never out of my sight.
You are watchful of your sissy,
mimicking is how you play.
Your smile is wide when she's around,
she's the favorite part of your day.
Sensitive is your spirit,
tender is your heart.
I knew you were a "mama's boy"
from the very start.
You are my sweet little man,
our son, a gift from above.
 No greater calling is there to me,
than giving you my love.











1 comment:

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs