Wednesday, August 3, 2011

A Favorite Read

I Love You Because You're You
by Liza Baker

I love you when you're happy
and grinning ear to ear.


I love you when you're sleepy
and want to snuggle near.


I love you when you're silly
and dancing 'round
and 'round.


I love you when you're frightened
and hear a scary sound.




I love you when you're bashful
and hide behind my knee.



I love you when you're brave,
and from my arms you flee.



I love you when you're curious
and searching here and there.


I love you when you're proud,
your head held in the air.


I love you when you're sick
and need to rest in bed.


I love you when you're frisky
and standing on your head.



I love you when you're sad
and need a kiss and hug.


I love you when you're playful
and rolling on the rug.



I love you when you're angry
and cross your arms and pout.


I love you when you're wild
and yell and scream and shout.


I love you any way you feel,
no matter what you do.



I love you any way you are.




I love you because you're
you!

1 comment:

  1. This is great, Becky! We love this book too! Beautiful illustrations! Brought a smile to my face after a long day :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs