Monday, February 13, 2012

Love, books, family

This Saturday, we woke to snow flurries, frigid temperatures, and a sick little boy who sounded like a frog when he spoke, which was actually quite darling.  At breakfast, the little lady decided that it would be in everyone's best interest if we postponed our trip to Barnes and Noble to select our Valentine's Day books until after naps.  (Prudence at its best.)

By late afternoon, the snow had stopped and our little man had perked up.  So, we bundled up and made our way to B&N.   Jeff and I look forward to this trip each year as it combines our love of family, books and spending quality time together all in one glorious outing.

Jeff and I went into the shopping trip with a few book selections already in mind.  And, the little man excitedly chose Katy and the Big Snow after recognizing its cover from a pile of books we recently checked out from the library.  "Help! Help!" (familiar lines from the story) he proclaimed as he reached for the book, claiming it as his own.  Our little lady, never missing an opportunity to make life interesting, spent her time in the children's section bouncing from shelf to shelf perusing the toys and nonchalantly grabbing random books saying, "I'll buy this one...no wait...this one!"  She finally zeroed in on a spinning wire rack of Dr. Seuss books, and after a few fast and very intentional spins, settled on I Wish that I Had Duck Feet.   I could not have been more pleased with her pick, as she and I enjoy late night readings of the classic rhyming books. 

After last night's reading just before turning off the light, she told me she, too, would enjoy having duck feet.  And, why wouldn't she?



I cannot wait to dive into my beautiful hard-covered book, a real treat for this mama.

1 comment:

  1. I am so anxious to hear what you think of your book choice! My mom was just telling me about that book this weekend, and I am anxious to read it!

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs