Wednesday, February 8, 2012

(Two) Spoonfuls of sugar

This morning I woke with a sinus headache and stuffed nose, that by mid-morning had turned into a constant drip.  Having a drippy nose is not at all compatible with being a hands-on mother.  It is difficult to contain one's germs, between the obnoxious fits of sneezing, blowing, and wiping, when equally germy (but precious) hands are pawing at you all day. 

By early afternoon, with nose raw and red ("What happened?" said the little man with scrunched face of concern) I had had enough.  Sensing I was on the edge, the little lady offered me the following advice.  "Mommy, why don't you lie down on the couch and rest.  That is the only way your nose will stop hurting."  For a moment I hesitated thinking of the looming dinner hour; however, the couch was calling my name, and it would have been a shame to disappoint the lil' lady.  So, with our sweet ones content at the table, I laid my head down momentarily to rest.  And, that is when I heard the following exchange. 

Little lady - "Joey, you need to be quiet so my mother can rest."
Little man - "Oh...OK!"
Little lady - "Mom, you just need to get cozy.  I will make you a picture, so you will feel better."

Within minutes, the little man had brought over one of my many devotional books, and propped it by my head.  He then very lovingly covered me with his two favorite blankets, and tossed on his beloved giraffe just for good measure.  I was then presented with my artwork.   


My rest period lasted all of five minutes, but it was just what the doctor ordered for my weary body, mind and spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs