Thursday, June 14, 2012

Are we rockstars?

Without hesitation, the answer to that question would be an emphatic, "Yes!" followed by a fist pump, or air guitar solo.  At least certain members of our family would like to believe we are rock stars in our own right, or at the very least traveling minstrels.  This week as the children sang their hearts out and banged on toy drums, in a moment of I. just. might. loose. my. mind. I politely requested that they lower their voices and strike the drums with less enthusiasm.  To which the little lady responded, "But Mom, rock and roll is supposed to be loud."  It is hard to argue with such logic.  And, on days when I'm tempted to leave our spirited band members with gypsies, hop off the tour bus in search of solitude, and become a solo artist, I am reminded that we created these little rockers.  And, so our band plays on.  Music loud.  Heads banging.  Rocking to the beat of our own drums.





This particular jam is among their current favorites.  And yes, I'm treated to their renditions of this upbeat tune all day long.  Thanks, Daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs