Sunday, September 11, 2011

Tomorrow, my little lady, you begin school.
Your first year of many.

I am struck by how quickly time has passed.
Remembering your tiny frame cradled in your favorite swing.
Basking in the sunlight.
Eyes shut tight,
Lips full and parted.
My little peanut.


I knew this day would come.
I knew also how ready you would be to embark upon this new season of life.
Backpack hung on closet door, filled with treasures.
Ready to walk the large and lengthy halls of school.
Crisp, new clothes laid out.
As we count down to the day, you remind me how you will
brave this new adventure alone.
Your independence makes me stand back in awe.
I wonder if this is how your Nany felt so many years ago.
My confident learner.
My brave girl.
My little thinker.

My little lady,
and peanut.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs