Saturday, September 10, 2011

Non-photographed highlights {vacation part IV}

- Upon arriving, we enjoyed a lovely brunch prepared by my mother, replenishing our tanks after a busy morning of travel.
- Dawn and Bob treated us to dinner at Harbor House on Lake Michigan, a night filled with delicious food, meaningful conversation, beautiful views, and laughter.
- I enjoyed a spontaneous trip to Target with my mom and aunts. Trips to Target are enhanced when shopping with those you love. Target continues to be one of the great loves of my life (kidding...slightly.)
- Jeff had two successful interviews with Froedtert Health for a promising position in the community.
- My dear brother, Adam, babysat our children so that I could enjoy a girl's night out with my girl, Becki, while our husbands rocked out to Pearl Jam's greatest hits.  We talked and laughed the night away over a pitcher of La Fuente's finest margaritas and food.
- We were able to enjoy a quiet brunch with Matt and Becki on Labor Day, where I was privileged to eat one of the most satisfying breakfast sandwiches I have eaten in a long time. Three words - beer cheese sauce.
- Jeff and I were able to enjoy sleeping in Monday and Tuesday morning as my folks kept our sweet ones over night, a treat for any parent on vacation.
- We were able to spend quality time with my Aunt Diane, cousin Dina, Aunt Kathy and mother Tuesday morning before we left Milwaukee.  We savored the extra time with family, each hug, smile, and kiss before we parted ways.
- The kids were introduced to the wonderful world of trampolines, and bounced their little hearts out.  The little lady is confident she will be getting a trampoline when "she is an adult." 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs