Thursday, September 22, 2011

Prompt

BeepDingChimeTickDongBuzz.

 Sounds that prompt, alert, signal and remind.
This week as I left my van in a hurry, a familiar ding alerted me to the fact that I had left my lights on.   As I reached back for the switch, I had a simple thought.  How often in my hurried life, do I need a gentle prompt as a reminder to slow down, attend to the situation at hand, keeping my mind in the moment and not on  things yet to come? 

In that moment, I was reminded of the Holy Spirit.  Do I move about too quickly to receive His gentle nudging, awakening my senses to the beauty of the moment?  Am I aware of His direction, willingly changing my course if prompted? Do I sense His urging, seeking out those who are in need of encouragement, support, or refreshment? Do I quiet myself long enough to hear?  See?  Feel? Respond? 
May I move about less, so that He might move more.


Still Small Voice

Written by Brian Doerksen


When I hear your still small voice

Your kindness stirs me within
Lord I need to hear your voice


To lead me and break me once again
Speak my Lord, I want to hear


Your voice is all that I need
Speak my Lord, I will obey
Your voice is life to me















No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs