Thursday, April 21, 2011

Wise Words

"I have learned something significant about laying my head on Jesus' shoulder.  Jesus offers us not just mental rest from the noise and chaos of the world, not just physical rest from the work and demands, not just soul rest from our worries and problems, but a deep invigorating rest in Him.  The deeper rest He describes is a transforming rest.  When you and I come to Him, when we ask Him to become the Lord and Savior of our lives, He bestows on us a quiet rest not found anywhere else on earth.  It is a peaceful rest that passes the world's understanding."

~ Denise George, Come to the Quiet

1 comment:

  1. Hi Becky,
    I found your blog today through Facebook. I really have enjoyed reading through your posts. I sensed your heart for the Lord by some of the things you shared at Titus, and it is so encouraging to see that here too.

    I'm sad that you're moving soon since I feel I've had so little time to get to know you, but will be happy that I can continue reading here on your blog. I love this quote. It brings me peace just reading it over and over. Such a good way of describing what He creates inside us when we accept him as Lord.

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs