Thursday, February 13, 2014

Hand-picked

Valentine's Day came a little early this year as we made our fourth annual trip to Barnes and Noble to make our book selections.  This trip continues to bring me such joy as I watch our children peruse the children's section in search of their Valentine's pick.  This year, both the little lady and man were inspired by very specific characters and quickly settled on Fancy Nancy and Star Wars themed early reader book bundles.  Leslie Patricelli's Quiet Loud was gifted to us during our time in Cleveland, and our children loved the simple illustrations with contrasting content, so I selected another Patricelli board book for the littlest.  Yummy Yucky seemed an appropriate choice as teething has her shoving all things (yummy and yucky) into her mouth.  Having an Amazon literary wish list a mile long, I was curious to see which book Jeff would walk away with.  His selection, Born To Run, is one I will surely never be tempted to read, as I'm fully aware I was born to walk (or dance) my way through life.  As for me, I was torn having just received so many lovely new books, but couldn't bear to leave the store empty handed.  I meandered to the cookbook section with the intention of picking up Keepers, but was drawn to Ruth Reichl's Tender to the Bone having so enjoyed her laugh-out-loud Garlic and Sapphires.  Here's to many hours of reading quietly in front of the fire!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs