Saturday, February 8, 2014

my funny valentine

"No one asks if I will take this man every morning when I get up.  But I do take him, whether the day is worse or better.  He asked the question once.  I answer him with my life."
- Emily P. Freeman
 
 

A week from now, my valentine and I will be in the Windy City sans littles.  We will join friends for an intimate weekend of rest, relaxation, food, and inevitable laughter. When it comes to Valentine's Day, we typically keep it romantically simple, I put pen to paper expressing my heart in words and he strums, singing sweet melodies.  It's tradition and I love it.  But, the thought of having extra special plans this year has me giddy with anticipation. 

This morning, I awoke grateful for a heart that still flips and flutters each time my favorite one walks into the room, for the opportunity to be his bride, to walk hand and hand through life's many seasons, to rest my back against his each night and find his feet under the covers, to catch his gaze across the room, to joke, eye roll, and laugh our way through each day, to share my thoughts, frustrations, opinions, and dreams with.  I'm thankful he has my back, and I, his.  I'm comforted to know that in spite of how loudly I chew my chips, how poorly I open new boxes of cereal, my inability to communicate effectively without using my hands, the minutes of restlessness I experience each night in bed before finding the perfect position, and the pride I struggle to rein, he loves me the way I am.




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs