Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Breaktime

"Only when we decided to quiet ourselves and listen on purpose did we really begin to hear."
- Emily P. Freeman
 
   Color match of Sherwin Williams SW6463 Breaktime* 
 
SW 6463 Breaktime
Interior / Exterior
 
I love the wall color in the girls' room; its aqua shade changing throughout the day as natural light floods the space.  It is the delicate combination of Tiffany blue and Robin's egg blue with a hint of mint and splash of grey. While I do not spend a significant amount of time in their bedroom, each day when I sit in the corner on a favorite chair putting the littlest to sleep, I embrace the peaceful color, allowing its soft tone to inspire quiet reflection.  It amuses me that I was drawn to a shade of blue called, Breaktime, especially when I consider the color was chosen for two little ladies that currently have very little interest in taking a break. 
 
My "breaktime moments" are always reflective, never filled with to-do lists or the thought of what's next.  Perhaps it's the color, or watching the littlest as she falls asleep through the lulling combination of warm milk and her mama's arms.  They are a break from the noise, the rush, and business of daily life, and in those moments I am caught up, caught off guard and overwhelmed by the beautiful in my life.  The crazy beautiful.  The many sweet and tender moments that play out each and every day.  The way he instills confidence in me through affirming nods, a supportive smile, or wink across the room. Their bright eyes, curious minds, and many expressions. The three of them - features and personalities - a beautiful blend of he and I, but also uniquely their own.  The love that fills our home, each tickle, hug, playful kiss, and long embrace.  The intense devotion I feel each time he walks through the door at the end of a long day.

***

Lord, may I not be so hurried in my days that I forget the importance of taking a break, slowing my pace.  May I be attentive, aware of how You speak through those quiet moments.  And, may my eyes always be open to the beauty that is right in front of me.   
  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs