Friday, May 24, 2013

He did it.

I have learned a lot from the little man over the past six months, as I have watched him overcome fears, pint-sized challenges, and endure the pains that so often accompany change.  Specifically, watching his attitude towards school change for the positive, his insecurities fading away to reveal a confident young boy, have served as a reminder of the power of perseverance.  It is never easy to watch your little ones struggle, and by no means was it pleasant to watch his eyes swell with tears at the very thought of attending; however, watching him embrace each of his teachers on the last day of school before zipping up his own jacket and swinging his backpack onto his shoulders filled me with a deep sense of gratitude and joy.  He (and collectively we) overcame adversity, and I know that our little man is stronger for it.  I am reminded, too, that it is never too early to learn valuable life lessons.  Jeff and I hope that as we encourage our little ones to challenge themselves, set goals and establish expectations, they will use their God-given determined spirits to accomplish dreams big and small.  After sending off our little man for his last morning of school, I found myself welling up with tears of my own.  He is growing up, no longer a toddler but a little boy.  One that I adore and am so very proud of.
 
 
A Caterpillar no longer...

The faithful and loving arms of Mrs. Debban and Mrs. Hess(e)ner
Elmbrook Church Childhood Enrichment Center, 2013
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs