Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Family "Portraits"

 
Every now and then while driving our mini van around town I'll glance in my rear view mirror and suddenly am startled by the realization that we are a family of five.  Startled in the sense that I am awakened to the significance of having three children.  So often in the hustle and bustle of life, as we transition from stage to stage, measuring milestones and awaiting the next, I lose sight of the fact that I'm living out my childhood dreams.  I am a wife and mother. 

On a recent trip to the grocery store with the little lady, she announced that she wanted to be a Mommy when she was grown up, but "would need to find a husband first." (Thank the good Lord for that.) I was blessed by her enthusiasm for motherhood, and was overcome with gratitude that she, even at the tender age of five, recognizes the beauty of holding such a significant title, Mother. 

Today, I pause in gratitude for dreams coming true. 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs