Friday, April 26, 2013

seven years


 
Today's weather was beautiful.  The air felt warm and the sun shown brightly, after months of grey skies, rain, and snow.  It was the type of day that entices you outdoors, awakens your senses, encouraging you to slow down to appreciate the beauty of clouds parting and birds chirping. Today I was thankful for the sun's comfort on a day that continues to hold sadness and great loss for our family.  Today I remember my beloved brother-in-law, Brad.  Today I recall special memories, remember his warm and handsome face, and cherish the time I had to know him, learn from him, and laugh with him. 
 
Tonight as we gathered as a family, our sweet little man offered up a simple prayer before dinner.  In his awkward phrasing, he remembered his Uncle Brad.  Oh, how I wish his knowledge of Brad was more than a picture and the stories we share, but I cling to the hope and promise of our reunion in Heaven when our little ones with know in full the beauty of their uncle.
 
Remembering.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs