Monday, May 13, 2013

I am your Mother

 
I am your Mother,
My littles, one, two and three
 
For better or for worse,
God has chosen me to be
 
The one to watch you rise each day,
 the recipient of your affections
 
The one to hold your hand gripped tight,
offering you protection
 
The keeper of each and every thought
that passes through your lips
 
The one to cook your meals each night,
balancing babe upon my hips
 
Your trusted confidant and companion,
in adventures big and small
 
The one to scoop you off the ground,
wiping tears after a fall
 
The one who marvels at the sight of you,
every hour of every day
 
Delighting in your creativity,
holding dear the things you say
 
Laughing loudly at each joke you tell,
finding humor in the things you do
 
The one to hold you accountable,
reminding you of your Ps and Qs
 
And, in spite of best intentions,
the one who'll make mistakes
 
The one who'll lose her temper,
and be in need of grace
 
The one who'll need reminders,
not to wish one day away
 
Holding each moment sacred,
for little you will not stay
 
The one who kneels humbly,
for when I am weak, then He is strong
 
For even when we have bad days,
I know that we belong
 
Yes, I am your Mother,
and so proud am I to be
 
A gift so great I have been given,
that of wife and mother of three.
 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs