Tuesday, October 16, 2012

before #3

At 37 weeks, I find myself preparing.  Preparing the the tiny corner of our bedroom, which will become our littlest lady's "nursery," preparing lists of telephone numbers, schedules, and final to-dos (not to mention editing the continuous mental list that runs through my mind on a daily basis), preparing my heart and mind for the physical demands of labor and receiving our sweet babe, and preparing the little lady and man for life with a new sibling.  One might say I'm "nesting." 
 
Recently, in the midst of my many preparations, I looked up to find the little lady and man cuddled close on one end of the couch peering at the bright screen of the Ipad.  Caught up in the sights and sounds of the program they were viewing they were unaware of my gaze.  I stared at each of them, comparing their tiny facial features, facial expressions, color of hair, noting the familiarity and intimacy they shared as siblings born only twenty months apart.  In a short time, they will no longer be a pair, but will welcome a third party into their little world.  This thought overwhelms me as I imagine three little faces peering up at me full of life and wonder, the sounds of three children filling our home with laughter, songs, shouts, and cries, and as I anticipate the little lady's reaction to having a sister and watching our little man become the big brother.
 
How sweet it has been to watch these two grow, side by side, sharing so much of their lives with one another.  As we prepare for the arrival of number three, my heart is full as I cherish the final days/weeks of being a family of four and anxiously await the moment we become a family of five.  
 


 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs