Wednesday, January 29, 2014

quirky(?)

 
I'm a mechanical pencil, Magic eraser, backspace key kinda gal. I enjoy a clean slate, the opportunity to try again, and the ability to edit.  Those writing exercises, where one types freely for five minutes, unedited, stream of thought...they're not for me.  I mull, ponder, contemplate.  I'm a (take a long) look before you leap, girl.  I like words to swirl around in my head a bit before committing them to a page.  I like the principal of thinking before speaking, though confess my children (and husband) are not always the recipient of such a disciplined tongue.  I tweak decorative items all around our home, shifting furniture an inch here, repositioning a vase there.  I cannot pass a crooked picture frame without straightening it.  If there is a spot on the counter, you'd better believe I'm going to grab a Clorox wipe (conveniently located under every sink in the house) and wipe it. I appreciate a pretty package, a well constructed bow, an added flourish.   I like the final product.  I'm intrigued with messy, but will choose neat (almost) every time. 
 
 I think often when I consider these tendencies, I spin them as negative or at best quirky.  However, lately, I cannot escape truths such as, I am made in the image of God (Genesis 1:27), am fearfully and wonderfully made (Psalm 139: 13-14), and that I have been equipped with different kinds of gifts (1 Corinthians 12:4). 
 
I'm inspired by those that have the ability to be both articulate and passionate on the fly.  I know a few of those gems personally, and have the privilege of sharing life with one very unedited, dynamic soul.  More than ever before, I'm learning to appreciate and value the beauty and diversity that is so thoughtfully displayed in creation.  It is not by chance, but by design.  And, praise the sweet name of Jesus we are not all the same.
Today, I'm thankful for the white screen of possibility that exists {here} and the blinking cursor that patiently awaits my next train of thought.  I'm thankful for little ones that inspire me to self-examine, dig deep and ponder the ways I'm fearfully and wonderfully made, in an effort to see them (and the world around me) more thoughtfully.  I'm diggin' words expressed around the Web, BIG hearts writing openly and honestly.  I'm smitten with His creativity, and overwhelmed by His love for me.  I'm embracing wet counters and floors as the little man plays in the sink, towel ready to go.  And, I'm compelled to dance it out with the little lady, as she queues up another rockin' tune.
 


1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this post!! Whether you pondered it long or not before writing it, it's beautiful. YOU are beautiful. I love the way you were made - and the many ways we are similar and yet also different (my house at xmastime must have made your skin crawl, BAHAHAHA!). XO

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs