Tuesday, August 21, 2012

while Mom's away...

This past weekend I was able to slip away for an overnight trip to the charming city of Holland, Michigan.  There I would reunite with three girlfriends from residency.  And, while our time together would be short, it would prove to be ever so sweet

Having strategically devised a plan to keep the little lady and man preoccupied and having fun, Jeff faithfully kept me posted of their many adventures via a constant stream of mobile messages, humorous anecdotes, and random questions that included "can opener?" and "do we have any icy hot back pads?"

Early morning Starbucks run. The little man taking the "run" quite literally.


Making "a killing at Office Max."
The Paper Mate pencils a gift for me upon my return.  After eight years of marriage, my husband now recognizes that the purchasing of office supplies counts as speaking one of my love languages.

"Crushing" Subway.

Plan of action.


Taste testing tantalizing treats that would make my mouth water.

Satisfied with Dad's special outings.

Exploring new Ohio destinations.


"Dad 1, Dragons 0"


 And my personal favorite of the weekend, "I'm making Joey fall asleep."

We, too, managed to organize our time together beautifully.



1 comment:

  1. i've actually been to chagrin falls! ironically in my first job in madtown i flew to cleveland often to tape segments for a pbs show. (so glamorous!)

    is it far from shaker heights?

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs