Sunday, July 15, 2012

Swing and a miss

Some days life throws you a slight curveball.  The kids and I experienced such a curve "golf ball" this Saturday when the little lady haphazardly walked right into the little man's golf swing as he attempted to connect a kitchen utensil to a deflated Nordstrom balloon.  As I embraced our little gal removing her hands from her face, I quickly discovered her injury was more than a mere head bonk as blood poured from her forehead and our little Bubba Watson looked on in sympathy and guilt.  I put in a call to Dr. Dad, who happened to be running a Saturday clinic at his new office.  We had been wanting to visit his new office, and with our sudden turn of events it seemed like there was no time like the present.

With a timid little lady fretting over the idea of getting stitches, we entered his office, and were greeted by his new staff.  Mind you, I was rocking a great Saturday morning look with up swept hair and no make-up.  Hopefully my pregnant glow was in full effect and I looked radiant as I glided waddled through the office with one clinging child straddling my ever-expanding belly, and blue-eyed Bubba toddling behind.

As I watched Jeff attend to our little lady in between his scheduled patients, I was overwhelmed by the scene playing out before me, loving father using his skill set to care for and calm our fearful daughter.  I had to fight back the urge to video tape the entire thing on my phone for prosperity.  When it was all said and done, her injury required a thorough washing (with pink soap), and an application of Dermabond (which happens to be purple).  Our quick pop-in to Daddy's clinic turned into an hour and half visit, as Jeff attended to all his patients (some proving to be louder than others).  We filled our down time viewing Toy Story 3 on the ipad, spontaneously trimming finger and toe nails, playing with clinic light switches, and keeping our little gal off the ledge as she awaited her fate as an inpatient.  And, because we arrived so late in the morning, we lingered long enough for Jeff to finish his shift, and rewarded our brave patient with a Taco Bell lunch.  She has a gift for eating two beef tacos in such a way that you'd think she is enjoying a bone-in ribeye steak dinner.

It was a morning for the memory books, or should I say blog.


The swinging culprit.

Woody and Buzz to the rescue.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs