Monday, July 16, 2012

New kicks

While shopping at Nordstrom this past Friday, we could not help but notice the amazing deals that surrounded us, so we decided to treat ourselves to new athletic shoes.  Personally, I cannot recall the last time I purchased new athletic shoes for myself, which is either a sign of my frugality or less than thriving fitness prowess.  The little lady and man each selected a fab new pair of running shoes, and then requested to wear them home.  They left the store beaming, balloons in hand, and just the right amount of swagger.

Inspired by her new fuchsia Nike's, the little lady spent the remainder of the evening plotting and planning for a morning run with her daddy.  You could feel her excitement as she tucked her new shoes safely under her bed, and reminded her father for the twentieth time of their big plans. "Remember not to leave without me in the morning, Dad!"

Early Saturday morning the little lady and man were up and at 'em picking out their running attire.  Jeff was barely able to put in his contacts before they were out the door. True to her nature, our gal instructed her brother that he would not be joining them for a run, but would have to wait his turn.  And so, the little lady and man were each treated to a morning jog with their daddy.  They were each gone for less than ten minutes, but returned in need of "icy cold Gatorade" to quench their thirst.

True to my nature, I stayed behind snapping photos and enjoying my morning cup of coffee.  My new adorable Asics would have to wait until a more reasonable hour to hit the pavement.




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs