Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Viva Las Vegas

Sometime during the long months of winter, it was determined that the doc and I would kick off spring with a trip to Vegas.  He needed to blow off some steam, and I needed a few lazy afternoons in the hot desert sun. More than anything, I anticipated a few days of fun with my favorite person, who always promises a good time.  We propositioned our closest pals, and it did not take long before the trip was planned, and weekly Vegas-themed text messages were exchanged as we counted down the days until we lovingly divided each of our children among three different households, a first and most likely necessary game plan for all future trips. 
 
While flying is not particularly pleasant for me, I'd board any plane with this man (armed with a prescription for anti-nausea medication).  In the years that I have known him (going on twenty), and had the privilege of calling him "mine" (approaching eighteen), we have shared many a sweet adventure.  And, after this, our latest trip, I am more enamored with him than ever.  One early Vegas morning over a romantic game of Blackjack at the picturesque Paris Las Vegas, we were taken for newlyweds as cards were turned and bets were placed.  Truth be told, many days I still feel like that young bride of 24, as I reach for his hand, look up into his eyes and laugh at his jokes.  However, at 34, as I reach confidently for his hand and look into his eyes I do so knowing intimately the ways our love has matured, becoming one of His most sacred gifts. 
 
 
Highlights of our trip included staying at the fabulous Aria Hotel, poolside conversations with our dear friends, the many delicious and fruity drinks that were delivered as we lay soaking in every minute of the sun, an unforgettable meal at SW Steakhouse, the butter at SW Steakhouse, early morning walks down the strip with my love and a hot Americano, eating fries by the pool and marveling over their taste, honest conversations with trusted friends, cocktails at Rao's, people watching, spontaneous raps, a comfortable and inviting king-sized bed, the razzle dazzle of the Strip at night, rocking out to Elton John at Cesar's Palace, listening to my man belt out each lyric in my ear, laughing with friends who share our past and anticipate our future, seeing my love relax and let his guard down, seeing my best friend smile, waking next to my love, putting on a little bit of extra makeup and getting "fancy," and not worrying over a single detail of the day knowing our children were being watched over and tenderly loved in our absence. 







Until we meet again, Vegas...

1 comment:

  1. So glad you guys were able to get away - how nice! Absolutely love that second to last photo of you two. :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs