Wednesday, December 11, 2013

A cup with Joe

Friday mornings the little lady attends school (across town) for two hours, providing me the perfect window of time to run errands with the little man and littlest in tow.  And, so we forego morning naps in favor of riding the escalator at the "fancy" Target, browsing the children's section at Barnes and Noble, driving further west to scan the aisles of Michael's craft store or stumble upon the perfect household find at Marshall's.  We stroll, we purchase, we check items off of grocery lists, and just before our two hour window as a trio is up, we break for coffee and baked goods.  It has become one of my favorite moments of the week, as we visit local cafes or try out a new Starbucks location (so many to choose from). I watch as my little man scans the selection of sweet treats before announcing his choice, and then settles for his second (Perhaps, right now is not the time for a frosted cupcake, sweet boy).  Once seated, the magic happens, as I enjoy the warmth of an Americano, and the pleasant company of my blue-eyed babes.  Crumbs cover the table as we chat about all things fascinating to a boy of four, how Dad surely wants Batman for Christmas, how the building across the parking lot resembles a castle, how funny Junie looks as she stuffs puffs into her mouth, how delicious chocolate milk is, and why the barn at the zoo smells so bad...the cows have gas, obviously.  I wish I could record each conversation, bottle up each playful moment as he hops on and off his chair between bites in order to plant a crummy kiss on the engorged cheeks of his little sister.  These are the moments I treasure, these are the moments I seek to capture as I once again grab for my iPhone, call out his name, point and "click."
 



 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs