Monday, August 26, 2013

Hello Kindergarten.

The waiting is over.  Kindergarten has begun. 
 
As if holding on to the final hours of summer, the little lady had to be woken up for school today. The irony of having to wake our gal on the first day of school when she typically rises by 7 am was somewhat comical.  As I pulled her covers back for a second time, encouraging her to rise and shine, I felt as though I was beckoning a teenager from the darkly shaded room rather than a five-year-old.  However, once her milk cup was finished, she enthusiastically welcomed the day, threw back a few donut holes, freshened up, performed a little light household cleaning, ("I'll be down in a minute, I'm cleaning all of the disgusting blue toothpaste in the sink.") and eagerly put on her school uniform.  She was ready to face her first full day of school. 
 
After much prayer, deliberation, and multiple school visits, we have decided to send Charlotte to Charis Classical Academy.  Following the University Model, part of Charlotte's education will take place within the home, becoming a "satellite" classroom, which will allow me the unique privilege of being her teacher two mornings a week.  Thus, her starting kindergarten marks my return to the "classroom" after five fruitful years.  Not unlike our daughter, I'm motivated and enthusiastic.  Unlike our daughter, I'm slightly nervous.  I know this year with be marked by beautiful moments of growth and self-discovery, as she and I partner together.  She will carry me when I am weak, determined and headstrong.  And, I will carry her when she is vulnerable and uncertain.  Together we will weather our days together, persevering when we face the inevitable challenges that will come our way, for truth be told we are cut from the same cloth, so often our like-mindedness resulting in pride-filled spirits, our determination quickly developing into obstinacy. But, I am confident that the Lord called me to this place (after much resistance) and that He has great things in store for Charlotte and I as we embrace kindergarten together.  I honestly cannot wait for her return and to hear all about her first day.
 
 
 Because wearing a uniform demands a fancy pose.

Wait...maybe I do have a teenager after all.

 
Ready to begin her adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs