Friday, January 18, 2013

countdown to milwaukee - moving day

 Saturday, December 22, 2012

After a relatively uneventful night of sleep, we woke refreshed and ready for the long drive to Milwaukee.  Jeff and Bob set off first in the U-Haul truck, while Dawn and I enjoyed the breakfast buffet with the children.  By 9 am, with a full tank of gas, she and I set off with the littles, hoping for a smooth ride with limited stops.  I was so thankful to have Dawn as my co-captain.  Not only did I appreciate catching up with my sweet sister during the drive home, but she was an invaluable asset during our two rest stop visits.  We made our way easily through Ohio, into Indiana and Illinois before dropping Dawn off at a Chicago exit to reunite with Bob.  The two of them would go on to enjoy an early Christmas with Bob's side of the family.  With Christmas tunes blasting, the children and I made our way into good old Wisconsin.  All in all the trip went very smoothlyWe made excellent timing, arriving home to two sets of very excited grandparents!  With the help of the grandfathers and few friends, Jeff unloaded all of our many boxes into the new rental home.  We ended our evening seated around Mimi's beautiful dining room table enjoying bowls of steaming chili, happy to be reunited with extended family.  

Praise God to whom all blessings flow.  What a journey!

 


Hello Wisconsin!  Glad to be back.


"I think I'm going to like it here."


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs