Thursday, February 10, 2011

Great Finds

THERE ARE A FEW "GREAT FINDS" THAT HAVE RECENTLY MADE MY LIFE EASIER, ENRICHED, MORE PRODUCTIVE AND IMPROVED.
NOT WANTING TO KEEP SUCH FINDS ALL TO MYSELF, I NOW PRESENT THEM TO YOU.



Steady Days: A Journey Toward Intentional, Professional Motherhood by Jamie C. Martin - This slim but resourceful book was recommended to me by a dear friend and fellow mother. It made this year's Christmas list and is proving to be one of my "favorite things" (a tad less glamorous than Oprah's) of the year. While this book is small in length it is mighty in content. If you are a woman who is a mother and desires to organize your life in a way that is fruitful and productive for you and your family I highly recommend this little treasure of a book. For a preview and other resources see - http://www.steadydays.com/



What a Husband Needs from His Wife: Physically, Emotionally, Spiritually by Melanie Chitwood - This author was quoted in an electronic daily devotion for women I receive. Challenged by her words, I quickly purchased her book through Amazon, and it arrived on my doorstep only days later. I have just started reading it, but I find her words to be honest, reflective, motivating, encouraging, uplifting, and insightful. I look forward to the ways this book will stimulate my heart and mind as I seek to be a more loving, compassionate and focused helpmate to my husband. When Jeff came home earlier this week and saw the book laying on our kitchen counter his response was an immediate and boisterous, "OH YEAH. Now THAT'S what I'm talkin' about." I promptly told him there was also a book titled, What a Wife Needs from her Husband, by the same author.



True Blue SPA "look ma, new hands" Softening Hand Lotion with Paraffin (available at Bath & Body Works) - I have been on the hunt for a lotion this winter that would actually soften and soothe my tired, dry and cracked hands. (My hands are always in the water with all of the dirty diapers, messes and meals I attend to.) This lotion is WONDERFUL, and provides true and (relatively) lasting healing. It is a slight monetary indulgence, but after spending money on less expensive products that don't work I will be setting aside money from my monthly budget to treat myself to this gem of a product.



Johnson's Honey Apple Body Wash - This is in fact a baby product; however, if you have to bathe a child it provides a sweet and subtle olfactory party to the splish splashin' event.



Mr. Clean Magic Erasers - Ah, my bald-headed friend really won me over with this one! I do not know what makes these erasers so powerful, or allows them to remove all of the marks and stains on my flat painted walls and at this point I don't even care to know. What I do know is that they make cleaning and maintaining my home for showings and open houses MUCH easier. They are a homemaker's dream.



And finally...



My mother's No-Bake Peanut Butter Candy - Who doesn't need a little sweet indulgence after all the reading, moisturizing, bathing and cleaning that they are doing?



Ingredients -
1 cup butter or margarine, melted
2 pkgs graham crackers, crushed
1 cup creamy peanut butter
2 1/3 cups powdered sugar
12 oz chocolate chips (recommend 6 oz semi and 6 oz milk)


1. Combine first four ingredients and mix well. Put into a 9x13 pan and pat evenly.
2. Melt chocolate chips and spread evenly over mixture.
3. Refrigerate and allow to set for approximately 30 minutes. Remove and allow to soften before cutting.

1 comment:

  1. Oh how I love that recipe!! I will have to read those books - they sound great.

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs