Monday, October 6, 2014

Hello {again}.

It has been approximately 17 weeks since I've written a post, a record for this site, which began approximately seven years ago.  Over the course of those seventeen weeks, I read several blog posts and articles about time (how quickly it passes), rest (how we slow and recover), and the necessity of hitting the figurative "pause button" in our lives so that we don't miss the many beautiful moments that happen each and every day right in front of our eyes.  There are many reasons for slowing down, modifying schedules, changing one's priorities.  For me, it came as a sign, clear {blue} and easy.
 
On June 3rd, I experienced one of those beautiful life changing moments, as I received the {+} news that we would be expecting our fourth child.  Two weeks later, like clockwork, the "morning" sickness began.  And, with a grateful heart, frequent trips to the bathroom, and a prescription for anti-nausea medication, I embraced the slow and steady rhythm of our summer. 
 
Many wonderful things occurred over the summer, our basement project was completed within a week of us finding out our news, we quickly moved the guest room downstairs allowing the little lady to have a very room of her own, I refinished my first piece of furniture, a dresser for the little lady's new room, the children joyfully participated in swim and golf lessons, the littlest lady grew in strength and speed, her curiosity, charm and vocabulary blossoming as the many flowers in our backyard bloomed, the littles enjoyed long afternoons in the sun and meeting new neighborhood friends, and my hero of a husband rose to the occasion (as he always does) taking on the demands of our household, allowing me the privilege to lay ill on the couch gratefully taking in the action around me.  
 
It was a sweet summer, one of growth, reflection and anticipation. There are so many blog entries to write, but most likely they will never be written.  
 
Fast forward to today, and I'm so very pleased to announce that a baby BOY will be joining our family in early February.
 
 
We celebrated with blue slushies, and joyfully shared our news with family, friends, and church body.

 
Cheers to you, our littlest man! 

 
 


1 comment:

  1. Love those last two photos - what priceless treasures! So thrilled for you although my heart aches that once again we're going through this process so many miles apart!

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs