Thursday, April 19, 2012

Dirty

I admire my husband for many reasons, but I especially appreciate his continued desire to experience new things, learn new skill sets, and challenge himself with new goals.  A few months back, he was presented with the idea of training for and participating in the Tough Mudder.  I'm not sure that I buy it's claim of being one of the "toughest events on the planet" as my husband completed it with a smile on his face and is already toying with the idea of doing it again.  However, I will admit that it is NOT something I would ever desire to take on, fully accepting my role as spectator and adoring cheerleader.  In fact, several of us wives agreed that even if presented with a large monetary incentive, we would not endure the challenge of the Mudder. 

Since January, I have watched my husband train for the TM, rising early to run in dreary and frigid weather, hang from a detachable pull-up bar in our kitchen doorway in an effort to build upper body strength (it wasn't at all amusing), modify his diet, and Shred his way to fitness.  For a man who already leads a very busy and active life, watching him dedicate such time to training for the sole purpose of participating in a 10 mile obstacle course filled with mud, climbing walls, electrical shocks, small tunnels, and more was inspiring.  Truth be told, I thought he was a little nuts, but I have a special place in my heart for his crazy antics.

On his 32nd birthday, we rose early as a family to send off our fearless leader along with his two buddies to Amherst, OH.  Our cheering crew would arrive later, to watch the daddies in all their muddy glory.  It was a day filled with rain, mud, laughter, hoopin' and hollering as we watched the guys successfully finish the course.  What a way to ring in your 32nd year of life! 


Supporting Team "Complete and Mudder Failures." 


Arriving in less than ideal conditions, our little ones didn't seem too phased.


Feeling the need to demonstrate just how tough she is.



Almost finished, and handsome as ever.


"Band of Mudders"
Scott, Mike (the TM instigator), Jeff and Mark


Go, go gadget arms!

I will always be a cheerleader at heart.


Success!
Happy Birthday, to the man who keeps our lives interesting, fun, and exciting.  We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs