Saturday, December 17, 2011

All I want for Christmas

<em>Mariah Carey</em> - Merry <em>Christmas</em> [Audio <em>CD</em>]

Ah, Mariah.  Come Christmastime, I long to hear her breathy low notes as she propels her listeners into a joyfully upbeat version of "All I Want For Christmas" (much to my husband's chagrin).  It is one of my absolute favorite holiday tracks to play (loudly) and sing along to in our van as we travel about town.  Not surprisingly, this year our sweet ones have joined me in my slight musical obsession, crying out "Louder!" from the back of the van as they bee bop and scat their way through the chorus.  The doctor has requested that we limit the listening of this magical tune to the confines of our van. Apparently, it is a favorite among OR nurses and is played on heavy rotation.  However, being the gracious and loving husband he is, he recently purchased Michael Buble's version of the song, one that is less pop and more swoon.  All in all, one that is more tolerable.  

'Tis the season for creating lists, and waiting in hopeful anticipation for a certain package to find its way under the tree.  For my husband, I believe this year all he wanted for Christmas was the gift of passing his written boards.  And, yesterday as though a 100 pound weight had been lifted from his shoulders, he entered our apartment with the joyful news that he had passed.  It was an evening filled with waves of relief, sweet celebratory exchanges, and thanksgiving for he (at last) had his scores. 

I continue to marvel over the Lord's perfect timing in revealing this precious gift to us.  We enter this Christmas season with hearts full, acknowledging the Lord's faithful direction of our lives. 
 A very merry Christmas, indeed!

1 comment:

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs