Tuesday, November 30, 2010

30 Days of Thanksgiving 2010

I am thankful…

1. to be a child of God. I praise Him for His faithfulness in my life and for changing my life at a very young age.
2. for my husband who continues to challenge me, motivate me, humor me, provide for me, and love me in spite of myself - I cherish him.
3. for Charlotte – her bold spirit and sensitive heart, her humor and expressive nature, her petite frame and lovely features, her giggle and rambunctious laughter, and the way she challenges me to be a better mother and example to her on a daily basis
4. for Joey – his adorable blue gaze, his sensitive spirit, his sweet grins and giggles, his love of music (already), his milky white skin, his affection for me
5. for grandparents who love our children and play an active role in their young lives, who consistently give of their time and resources (willingly), and uplift our young family in prayer daily
6. for Jeff’s safe arrival to Nicaragua and for communication with him during his trip
7. for fresh beginnings each morning. “Morning by morning new mercies I see.”
8. for my girlfriends – women of faith who uplift me in prayer, encourage, inspire, and motivate me to be a better mother, wife, and friend
9. for our Madison home – a peaceful place that provides protection and warmth. It is filled with so much joy and we always love returning to i.t
10. for my nieces and nephews – from a young age they have filled my life with additional joy
11. for a free country that so many have fought to protect
12. for technology that helps me stay connected to those that I love
13. for Jeff’s safe return from Nicaragua and the experience he gained while operating there
14. for the opportunity to be a mother- I am beyond grateful to the Lord for the privilege and honor of caring for our blessed children
15. for evenings on the couch (alone) with my husband
16. for Victor Allen’s French roast and raspberry scones - They always turn my day around.
17. for afternoon naps
18. for the fellowship of other Christian mothers
19. for the opportunity to shop for, purchase, and consume a variety of foods -what a blessing it is to be able to provide for our little ones a well balanced meal
20. for laughter
21. for music and how it fills our home
22. for my husband’s little texts throughout his busy day that let me know he’s thinking of me
23. for a wonderful bed to rest my head at the end of a long day
24. for my siblings and the experience of being a sister
25. for the fellowship of believers on Sunday morning and the privilege of freely attending church
26. for our van that provides space, comfort, and reliable transportation for our family
27. for stimulating conversations with my husband and for the laughter we share
28. for the opportunity to share my journey through residency with other wives of residents who encourage, listen, and support me through good times and bad
29. for Super Target allowing me to one stop shop with the perks of Starbucks and free bakery cookies for Charlotte
30. for God’s grace, His promises, and for the work of the Holy Spirit in my life

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs